Architects are regulated by the Royal Institute of British Architects. The negligence of an architect – through building a new home, having an extension, or undertaking a garage conversion – can lead to serious consequences and significant extra costs for you. We can advise you on your legal rights and remedies in Architects’ negligence matters and will assist you in seeking the compensation that you deserve.
Call us today on 01992 300845 for a free initial consultation.
Some areas where architects’ negligence cases arise are:
- Poor, inadequate or defective plans leading to increased building costs
- Negligent advice
- Mismanagement of project costs
- Use of unsuitable materials
- Failing to adhere to building regulations
- Health & safely breaches
- Providing incorrect or defective certifications
- Failing to secure the right permissions for work
How much will it cost to bring a professional negligence claim?
Each case is different, but there are generally three ways to fund a professional negligence claim:
1) use existing insurance that may be held with your home, motor policy or with a trade union;
2) enter into a “No Win, No Fee” Agreement where our fees are met by the other side once the case is won, save for disbursements; or
3) pay privately on an hourly rate or fixed-cost basis.
DJS Law Solicitors will discuss all funding options with you and agree the approach that is most suitable for your circumstances.
How long do I have to make a claim?
Court proceedings will have to be issued within six years of the date of the cause of action (i.e. when you had sufficient knowledge of the material facts about the damage). In certain circumstances s.14A of the Limitation Act 1980 can be used to extend the limitation period for a further three years from the date of awareness that a loss had been suffered, up to a maximum period of 15 years from the date that the cause of action arose.
If you would like to discuss an Architects’ negligence issue that has caused financial loss, fill in the online enquiry form to make a free enquiry today.
“Liberty is the right to do what the law permits.”
About DJS Law
DJS Law Solicitors Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England & Wales
Registered No. 9424553
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 628322
Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), ICO No. ZA201274
VAT Registration No. 243 5603 22
Mon – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Tue – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Wed – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Thu – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Fri – 9:00am to 6:00pm
Sat – closed
Sun – closed